Wednesday, August 18, 2010

More Beer

Chocolate Indulgence by Ommegang: Belgian Style Stout
Served into Pint glass. Bought in store $13. Cellar aged 3 years at brewery. This Belgian Style Chocolate Stout is very Rich. It is brewed with real Belgian Chocolate. I could actually see the chunks of chocolate floating in the beer. This beer was actually very crisp and not heavy in comparison to most stouts.
Grade A-


Diabhal by Rabbits Foot Meadery: Belgian Style Ale with Honey
Served in Tulip Glass. Bought in Store $6. Overall the flavor was excellent, but this beer was too sweet for my taste. I was not even able to finish an entire glass. I would recommend trying it once (maybe split the 1 pint bottle between 4 people)
Grade B


Fraoch Heather Ale by Williams Brothers Brewing Company: Scottish Gruit
Served in Pint Glass. Bought in Store $5. It is a very good Ale with good, but light, malty flavors and a light floral aroma. Gruit is one of the world's oldest beer styles it has been brewed in Scotland since about 2000 BCE. This is the first example of Gruit I have ever had so the grade is in comparison to other Ales rather than style specific, like I try to do. 
Grade B+


Biere De Miele by Rabbits Foot Meadery: Golden Ale with Honey
Served in Tulip Glass. Bought in Store $6. Good Golden Ale with light honey flavor and aroma. Very drinkable but nothing very exciting.
Grade B-


Pilsner by Simpler Times
6 Pack Cans, $3.50 from Trader Joes. Served in Pilsner Glass and straight from can. It is an adequate to good pilsner and it is cheap. great for a summer day or a session.
Grade B- 


Mississippi Mud: Black and Tan (Porter and Pilsner)
32 oz bottle, $3.50 from Trader Joes. Served in Pint Glass. It is good for the price, but I would personally rather make my own Black and Tan. Black and tans are great because you are able to get the flavor of heavy beers without the heft. (just remember for the Irish they are called Half and Halfs, The Black and Tans were a special British Military Group during the Anglo-Irish War that slaughtered a lot of civilians).
Grade C+

2 comments:

  1. I'd have to agree with you on all of those. Whew! Just when I thought I was going to have to do a beer blog! I'll read yours instead :)

    ReplyDelete